Parmesan Shrimp Scampi
Name: Nicholas Schiradelly
Yield: 6 Servings
Prep time: 30 Minutes
Total time: 1 Hour
2 cups Angel hair pasta
½ cup Butter (divided)
4 Cloves Garlic
1 lb Medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
½ cup White cooking wine
1 Lemon Juiced
1 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
¾ cup Seasoned bread crumbs
¾ cup Freshly grated parmesan, divided
2 tablespoons Finely chopped parsley
1) Bring a large pot of slightly salted water to a boil. Cook angel hair pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2) Set an oven rack about 6 inches (2nd from top or top rack) from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
3) Heat ¼ cup butter over medium heat in a large, deep skillet. Add garlic; cook and stir about 2 – 3 minutes (When the ingredients become fragrant). Add shrimp, white wine, and lemon juice; continue to cook and stir until shrimp is bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque (about 5 minutes). Stir in red pepper flakes until well combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
4) Place remaining ¼ cup butter, bread crumbs, ½ the parmesan cheese, and parsley in a bowl. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
5) Placed cooked pasta into skillet; toss until fully coated in sauce. Add remaining parmesan cheese and toss well. Top with bread crumb mixture.
6) Broil in the preheated oven until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.